November 20, 2007

Polish Cooking 101: A Family Affair

I was in the mood for some carb-on-carb action and there is no better way to get that than through carrying on my grandma Em's tradition of Polish cooking. I started out last Sunday morning with the the idea of making a few perogies for lunch but I got a little carried away....


12 cups of flour, 5 pounds of potatoes, 2 canisters of dried plums, 6 hours of work, and several frantic calls to my mom in NC, my sister in VA, and my Aunts in NJ resulted in 188 perogies.
I had a few of the perogies for lunch but the rest are in the freezer waiting patiently for my family's Polish Christmas Eve Celebration.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! That's some amazing work! I'm sure you slept soundly that night! They looks great!

Anonymous said...

Jackie - I'm really impressed. Enjoy your perogies on Christmast Eve.