September 08, 2008

“I’m Sweet Enough Already”

That’s my silly excuse for never eating dessert. Though, the truth is, I just don’t have much of a sweet tooth and I really don’t like to bake all that much. However, every once in a while, I feel a hankering for some cake and this Reduced-Fat Lemon Blueberry Bunt Cake is my a standard “go to.”

I really made the cake for myself the other day, but I was nice and shared some with my mom, the Husband and my office girlfriend. They all gave raving reviews. See what your friends and family have to say, that is, if there are any leftovers after you cut yourself a generous piece.



Reduced-Fat Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake

Cooking spray
2 Tablespoons sugar

3 cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1¾ cups granulated sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
4 large eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (16-ounce) container Reduced-fat sour cream
2 cups blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)

¾ cup powdered sugar
1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a Bundt pan with cooking spray and dust it with the 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and then set it aside. Meanwhile, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Place 1¾ cups granulated sugar, butter, and rind in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition (about 4 minutes total). Beat in the vanilla and the sour cream. Add the flour mixture slowly and beat at medium speed until it is just combined. Gently fold in the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake in the pan for about 20 minutes and then remove the cake from the pan. Cool completely on wire rack. To prepare the glaze, combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle over cooled cake.

2 comments:

That Girl said...

You ARE sweet enough already

Anonymous said...

Jackie, I was wondering if you would be interested in becoming a featured publisher with foodbuzz. If so please give me an email so I can provide with some details.

Thanks!
Liz